Grant Applications Due March 12, 2012
January 17, 2012 – Mobile, Alabama – The Community Foundation of South Alabama has announced the availability of grants for programs that encourage positive adolescent development in young males from age 8 to 14 years old.
Nonprofit organizations and government agencies located in Baldwin, Clarke, Escambia and Mobile Counties are invited to submit an application.
Goals of the Adolescent Males Initiative
- Increase positive decision making abilities in male adolescents to encourage healthy lifestyles (i.e. physically mentally, socially, relationally, academically and financially)
- Increase capacity of existing programs that provide a comprehensive approach to the overall well being of adolescent males
View complete Request For Application
Interested organizations are invited to attend conferences to learn more about the Adolescent Males Initiative and the grant application process.
Monday, January 30, 2012
10 a.m. – 12 noon
White Smith Memorial Library
213 College Avenue
Jackson, AL 36545-2711
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
10 a.m. – 12 noon
The Community Foundation of South Alabama
212 Saint Joseph Street
Mobile, AL 36602
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
2:30 – 4: 30 p.m.
Atmore Area YMCA
501 South Pensacola Ave., Suite A
Atmore, AL 36502
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) or government agency
- Located within Baldwin, Clarke, Escambia or Mobile County
- Existing programs for at-risk adolescent males or can model a new program after an evidenced-based program
- Capacity to develop collaborations with schools, organizations, businesses and/or the faith-based community
- Ability to match half the grant (2:1 match) for three years in new money and continue the funded program beyond three years
- Ability to track the young males for at least one year post-program completion to measure the effectiveness of the program
Interested nonprofit organizations should submit a proposal using the Adolescent Males Initiative Grant Application. Details about the requirements for submitting a proposal, the review process and the grant application can be found online. Visit www.CommunityEndowment.com
Grant applications will be accepted through March 12, 2012.
For more information, please contact The Community Foundation of South Alabama, Program Officer at 251-438-5591, or email program@CommunityEndowment.com.
About The Community Foundation of South Alabama
The Community Foundation of South Alabama is a nonprofit foundation that plays a key role in meeting the needs of South Alabama through leadership and grants. More than $60 million in grants have been awarded since 1976 by the Foundation to nonprofit organizations to support programs that make life better in our community. The Community Foundation builds lasting endowments to ensure grants are available to support the community forever.
For more information visit www.CommunityEndowment.com
Contact: Stephanie Ryan